Who We Are

  • dragonmctt, stepmom
  • dh, custodial father
  • ss1, 19 yrs old
  • ss2, 16 yrs old

March 25, 2008

The Upper Hand

Summer draws to a close, the boys go back to BM's house on a road trip with her parents. Before we know it, she's telling DH that he has to call her parent's house, and they will call her, and then she will have the boys call DH. There's some mature parenting!

About a month later, Labor Day weekend, DH and I are on our way the eat at the restaurant we had our first official date at, and as we pull into the parking spot, he gets a phone call from BM. She's got the "sick voice" on, and tells DH that she can't care for the boys and he needs to pick them up, since her parents won't.

She asked her parents first? DH was living in the same state as them, about 40 minutes away, and her first thought is the boys should be with her parents????? I'll tell you what her first thought was - who can take them so I don't have to send them to their father! For whatever reason, her parents said no. I'd like to believe they knew deep down that the boys belonged with DH. But they have and still are paying the price for refusing to do that for her. She has held them emotionally and financially hostage ever since.

We made the 14 hour drive that night, only stopping at DH's parents' house to let them know what was going on, and had the boys back in our state, enrolled in school and filed Temporary Custody paperwork by Wednesday.

We did not know at the time that this would be the end of the custody issue, and the beginning of BM's assault on us. We also did not know that she was 5 months pregnant with Perpetual Fiance's baby. It would also be the last thing worthless lawyer #1 accomplished.

2 comments:

SC said...

Hey. I haven't had much of a chance to read your blog yet, but so far I can relate. Imagine that! I don't see an email or I'd invite you to read mine. So please follow my link. I'd love to add you.

dragonmctt said...

Thanks, SC. Welcome! As you can see, the blog is new and I'm trying to find the time to go through things as they happened. I've learned so much from others' blogs that I thought maybe someone just starting out could learn something from what we have been through. Once the kids are out of school, I'll have more time to write. I couldn't find your link, so please check under my profile, I made my email visible now. I'd love to be added and be able to read yours, too!